Taking a pregnancy course is often a lot of fun and educational. You can exchange experiences with other pregnant women, get breathing and relaxation exercises for giving birth and lots of tips and information. In addition, a course can also aim to improve your condition, give you health advice and/or prepare you for the coming parenthood.
Several courses in our region are listed below. At our practice there are also information leaflets about the courses.
Giving birth together is a pregnancy course which you can join with your birth partner.
Samen bevallen is a course by Leonieke Bos given in Ede and Veenendaal. www.samenbevallen.nl
The aim of ZwangerFit® (fitness in pregnancy) is to exercise in a responsible way to prevent complaints and increase your strength during and after the pregnancy. You will work on fitness, muscle strength, posture, coordination, pelvic floor and pelvic stability.
This is done under direct supervision of pelvic physiotherapist and ZwangerFit®-instructor Johanna Baar.
Hypnobirthing teaches you and your partner how to give birth relaxed and with confidence. Making birth easier and more comfortable.
HypnoBirthing is a very practical course for expecting parents.
Easy to learn, fun to do!
See this youtube link to see what impact hypnobirthing can have for your delivery: CLICK
What hypnobirthing offers:
• Powerful techniques for deep relaxation so that you are in control –
• Effective breathings so you can work optimally with your body and keep fit
• Optimum bonding with your baby before, during and after birth
• How your partner can have a significant role during birth. Teamwork!
• In short, lots of information, practical tools and tips
You can start the course when you are pregnant between 16 and 32 weeks. The sooner you start the more benefits you will have.
A group course HypnoBirthing in English will start in the Bakermat, your midwifery practice, in Wageningen.
Click here for more information and to subscribe on the website of Jannicke Siebrandij.
Haptonomic support during pregnancy
Haptonomic support during pregnancy focuses on the parents and their unborn child. The support is aimed at possibilities for parents to be in touch with each other and with their baby.
Areas that are given attention include how the mother can carry her baby in the best possible way, coping with pain together, birth position and active involvement of the parents during the birth.
Yoga consists of physical exercises, postures and breathing. By practicing yoga you become more aware of your own body and learn to feel your own body better. Below is a list of addresses that cater for yoga for pregnant women at different locations.
- Prenatal Yoga Fit by Brinda (English). At Yogaschooltje.
- By Helen Cornelissen. ‘With kundalini yoga, you connect with body and mind. You experience and strengthen your own strength. Each class has a theme that gives depth to your pregnancy and the classes are a perfect preparation for childbirth. The classes are taught by Helen Cornelissen Certified yoga teacher, but also has years of experience as a midwife.’
- Yoga, Massage en Trainingscentrum De Weideblik in Wageningen
- Pregnancy yoga in Arnhem by Simone Kamping
By Helen Cornelissen. With a massage, you take time to relax. To feel. To be in touch with your baby. To be in touch with yourself. To be with what is.
Pregnancy swimming can be a relaxed way te keep fit. In Wageningen you can go to swimming pool: De Bongerd.
Prenatal information evening at hospital Gelderse Vallei Ede
To find information about giving birth in the Gelderse Vallei hospital, we refer you to the Gelderse Vallei website. Highly recommended if you are planning to give birth in hospital, but also for those planning to give birth at home. Because things can always turn out differently than expected during birth and you may also deliver in the hospital after all.
During pregnancy it is important to think about what kind of feeding your baby will receive. If you are interested you can follow a breastfeeding course. Breastfeeding organisation La Leche League organises breastfeeding courses about two times a year. These take place at the Bakermat. To register, please have a look at the La Leche League website to register.