Welcome to ‘De Bakermat’ Midwifery Practice!
We provide midwifery care to women who live in Wageningen, Bennekom, Renkum and Heelsum who are either pregnant or want to become pregnant. Please download the application form if you want to register at our practise, and we will call you back to make a first appointment. Pregnant! is a nice broshure in english, with a lot of information about beging pregnant, what to do and what to expect.
Besides midwifery care, we also provide consultations about birth control and we can place IUD’s. Please give us a call for more information.
Our practice is situated in Wageningen at Boterstraat 4A. This is close to the market, shops and outdoor cafés. A nice location where a lot of people have felt quite at home.
Your midwife is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, to answer urgent questions, treat emergencies and provide birth care.
We advise you to watch the video of Simone Buitendijk, Professor of Maternal and Child Health for more information about giving birth in the Netherlands.
To have a look in our practice you can watch the videos about our practice, broadcasted last November 2013 on national television.
We can imagine that being pregnant in this corona time is (extra) challenging. We believe it is important to take good care of our pregnant clients right now and to offer as much trust and clarity as possible. Do you have questions or are you worried about something? Please contact us. We are here for you!
Corona also influences how we can and are allowed to do our work. We adhere to a number of measures to give obstetric care the safest possible form. Your support and cooperation is of great importance. Read more about the current measures. Read more
From now on the following rules apply:
– Do not come to the practice if you feel sick (having a cold, coughing or a fever), give us a call so we can postpone your consultation.
– We ask clients to come to the practice on their own as much as possible. The partner is welcome at the ultrasound between 10-12 weeks or other for you important visitations.
– Before entering the consultation room, wash your hands in the kitchen
– We will keep to the 1,5 m rule as much as possible.
The normal physical check-ups will be resumed as much as possible. However, we would like to ask you to take the following points into account in order to have as little run out as possible
– Come on time, but not more than 5 min in advance
– Do not come too late, in case it does happen, we will make a new appointment with you.
– If you think you need a longer time for your scheduled appointment, call the assistant to extend or reschedule your appointment.
– At the moment the delivery can also take place in the Gelderse Vallei hospital if you do not have a medical indication.
– Discuss with your midwife the availability of pain relief medication in the Gelderse Vallei hospital.
– Click here for the most updated information about delivering in the Gelderse Vallei hopital.
– After birth, we will mostly check on your and your baby’s wellbeing by phone. You will have at least one visitation from your midwife.
– IUD placement is possible again.
We will provide continuity of care 24/7, in collaboration with all our colleagues in our region and hospital.
We hope, things will be normal again soon!!